The new DevHub editor. Not just an upgradeJune 5, 2009 3 Comments
We recently released a long awaited update to our DevHub WYSIWYG site editor which focused on browser compatibility (Internet Explorer 7/8), interface speed, UI design, and extendability for the future.
This new release set the groundwork for the future flexibility of the DevHub platform and modules in the form of an API for module development, which is currently internal-only. We plan to open up module development on the platform via this API in the coming months, to allow 3rd parties to build modules that can tap into our existing framework and drag+drop editor. If you are interested in being included in our developer pilot, you can contact me here.
Here is a recap of the new update:
- Browser compatibility (added Internet Explorer 7/8)
- Refreshed UI design
- Tooltips and visual clues to help new users understand the editor
- Moveable module toolbar to assist editing on smaller profile screen resolutions
- All widgets, embed codes, and content formatting are displayed while editing
- Beginnings of our module API
- Many bug fixes
This is just the beginning! So, stay tuned for future updates.